(Pro Rural Society),
is a grassroots development NGO operating in North East India since 2009. Its mission is to support the development of the most disadvantaged section of the society, particularly the youth, women, and the needy communities of the North Eastern region of India.
That all mankind may have Life in all it's Fullness.
To work for holistic human development through Capacity Building, Livelihood Development, Youth engagement and Employment, and Environment Conservation. More specifically;
- To work with rural people and assist in their efforts at economic and socio-cultural development.
- To advocate the protection and better safeguards for the weakest sections like, women, children, youth and minorities.
- To contribute to development of human resources through establishing and conducting technical, vocational training and through running educational institutions.
- Provide leadership in building a better environment. Build alliances with progressive movements for restoring the ecological balance through regenerative activities, policy advocacy, and work on Climate Change Issues.
- To participate in peace building and conflict transformation through conducting training programmes and networking with peace movements.
- To participate in the Youth Employment Campaign and engage youth in constructive and productive activities and increase their employment potentials through capacity building and through aligning with movements and organizations working on youth employment issues.
Total Villages and Beneficiaries Reached
EMPOWERMENT, EMPLOYMENT AND ENVIRONMENT
Pro Rural is involved in various initiatives across empowerment, livelihood, health, and environmental programs in the region.
- Institution Building (CBOs/SHG/FPO/Clubs)
- Leadership Development
- Skills Upgradation
- Entrepreneurship Incubation Program
- Agribusiness Value Chain Development
- Livestock Development – management
- Enterprise Development – Management
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Waste Entrepreneurship
- Best practices on waste management
- Conservation of forests, animal habitats and water bodies
OUR SUPPORTERS OVER THE YEARS
Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign, Help Nagaland Breathe, Ration and seeds Distribution.
Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign in Senapati District, Manipur and Peren District, Nagaland.
Help Nagaland Breathe” Campaign
HELP NAGALAND BREATHE is a Covid-19 response campaign group in Nagaland including some overseas Nagas and well-wishers wanting to support the war against covid in the state.
Ration and seeds Distribution
As a humanitarian organization, with a history of being involved in times of disasters and crises like during the Assam Great flood in 2003 and 2007, and during the Odisha super-cyclone, etc., Pro Rural has engaged itself during the Covid-19 pandemic crises in many ways.
Reflections from community members and individuals touched by our organization's initiatives.
“Pro Rural’s dedication to empowering communities is commendable. Through their livelihood programs, I’ve witnessed positive transformations in the lives of many. They are truly making a difference!”
“Pro Rural doesn’t just talk about environmental conservation; they roll up their sleeves and get to work. Their tree planting drives have made a visible impact on our local ecosystem.”
“Empowerment is the cornerstone of Pro Rural’s work. I’ve seen firsthand the impact they’ve had on marginalized groups. Their programs are building a stronger, more inclusive society.”