PRO RURAL

(Pro Rural Society),

is a grassroots development NGO operating in North East India since 2009. Its mission is to support the development of the most disadvantaged section of the society, particularly the youth, women, and the needy communities of the North Eastern region of India.

Fund Raise

Mobile Healthcare and Ambulance Service in Nagaland

We have planned a medical ambulance service for the people of Nsong Region, Nagaland, who have no access to any form of Health care. For this project, One Day’s Wages(ODW) in the US is supporting us with 75% of the fund requirements. The remaining 25% is to be raised by Pro Rural, our organization in Nagaland. We are approaching friends and well-wishers to help us reach the target. Your little contribution is going to make a difference. Please chip in and help this deprived community. Thank you very much. Below is the payment portal.

More Details

Vision

That all mankind may have Life in all it's Fullness.

Mission

To work for holistic human development through Capacity Building, Livelihood Development, Youth engagement and Employment, and Environment Conservation. More specifically;

  • To work with rural people and assist in their efforts at economic and socio-cultural development.
  • To advocate the protection and better safeguards for the weakest sections like, women, children, youth and minorities.
  • To contribute to development of human resources through establishing and conducting technical, vocational training and through running educational institutions.
  • Provide leadership in building a better environment. Build alliances with progressive movements for restoring the ecological balance through regenerative activities, policy advocacy, and work on Climate Change Issues.
  • To participate in peace building and conflict transformation through conducting training programmes and networking with peace movements.
  • To participate in the Youth Employment Campaign and engage youth in constructive and productive activities and increase their employment potentials through capacity building and through aligning with movements and organizations working on youth employment issues.

Total Villages and Beneficiaries Reached

Villages Covered

0+

Beneficiaries

0+

EMPOWERMENT, EMPLOYMENT AND ENVIRONMENT

Pro Rural is involved in various initiatives across empowerment, livelihood, health, and environmental programs in the region.

EMPOWERMENT
LIVELIHOOD
HEALTH
ENVIRONMENT
  • Institution Building (CBOs/SHG/FPO/Clubs)
  • Leadership Development
  • Skills Upgradation
  • Entrepreneurship Incubation Program
Know More
  • Agribusiness Value Chain Development
  • Livestock Development – management
  • Enterprise Development – Management
  • Sustainable Agriculture
Know More
  • Rural Health Outreach
  • Health, Nutrition and sanitation awareness
  • Health Camps
Know More
  • Waste Entrepreneurship
  • Best practices on waste management
  • Conservation of forests, animal habitats and water bodies
Know More

OUR SUPPORTERS OVER THE YEARS

COVID RESPONSE

Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign, Help Nagaland Breathe, Ration and seeds Distribution.

Vaccination

Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign in Senapati District, Manipur and Peren District, Nagaland.

Help Nagaland Breathe” Campaign

HELP NAGALAND BREATHE is a Covid-19 response campaign group in Nagaland including some overseas Nagas and well-wishers wanting to support the war against covid in the state.

Ration and seeds Distribution

As a humanitarian organization, with a history of being involved in times of disasters and crises like during the Assam Great flood in 2003 and 2007, and during the Odisha super-cyclone, etc., Pro Rural has engaged itself during the Covid-19 pandemic crises in many ways.

Know More
Covid Response

Government Acknowledgements

Official recognition granted by the government, affirming contributions, achievements, or services rendered by Pro Rural Society.

DIO Senapati

CMO Peren

Testimonials

Reflections from community members and individuals touched by our organization's initiatives.

“Sincere gratitude to PRO RURAL organisation for providing a platform to learn social work practice with enjoyment and excitement during the one month field work and best wishes for the organisation in its future efforts to bring betterment in the society.”

Chumben B Yanthan

“Pro Rural doesn’t just talk about environmental conservation; they roll up their sleeves and get to work. Their tree planting drives have made a visible impact on our local ecosystem.”

Shriprakash Rai

“Empowerment is the cornerstone of Pro Rural’s work. I’ve seen firsthand the impact they’ve had on marginalized groups. Their programs are building a stronger, more inclusive society.”

Yangerla Imchen

Success Stories

A housewife, mother, baker talks about her journey with Pro-Rural.

Events, News & Updates

View All

Snapshots of our activities