PRO RURAL (Pro Rural Society)
HISTORYPRO RURAL (Pro Rural Society), is a grassroots development NGO operating in North East India since 2009.
Its mission is to support the development of the most disadvantaged section of society, particularly the youth, women, and the needy communities of the North Eastern region of India. It operates in the 7 states of the North Eastern Region of India. It has branch offices in Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, and Arunachal Pradesh.
Pro Rural was founded in 2004, and it was accorded registration as a society by the Government of Nagaland in 2009. The founding members got inspiration to form the society, following the two events in 2004; viz: NORTH EAST REGIONAL YOUTH SUMMIT ON ECOLOGY, organized by a consortium of NGOs together with the Chief Wild Life Wardens of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh, and secondly the launch of the Indian chapter of the Global YOUTH EMPLOYMENT CAMPAIGN, in Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal and Nagaland states of North East in late 2004 and 2005. Thus, livelihood issues of youth and indigenous communities form a core focus of Pro Rural.
PRO RURAL is fully eligible to receive and implement CSR funds as well as Foreign Funds.
VISIONThat all mankind may have Life in all its Fullness
MISSIONTo work for holistic human development through Capacity Building, Livelihood Development, Youth engagement and Employment, and Environment Conservation.
- To work with rural people and assist in their efforts at economic and socio-cultural development.
- To advocate the protection and better safeguards for the weakest sections like women, children, youth, and minorities.
- To contribute to the development of human resources through establishing and conducting technical, and vocational training and through running educational institutions.
- Provide leadership in building a better environment. Build alliances with progressive movements for restoring the ecological balance through regenerative activities, policy advocacy, and work on Climate Change Issues.
- To participate in peacebuilding and conflict transformation through conducting training programmes and networking with peace movements.
- To participate in the Youth Employment Campaign engage youth in constructive and productive activities and increase their employment potentials through capacity building and through aligning with movements and organizations working on youth employment issues.
SOCIETY REGN. NO.
H/RS-6285 dated 12-05-2009, renewed on 30th April 2022
IT SECTION 12 A
AAAAP7125QE20107 Renewal dated 28.05.2021
IT SECTION 80G
AAAAP7125QF20107 Renewal dated 28.05.2021
164730134 valid till 31-12-2026
FORM-1, CSR UNDER MCA
CSR00018401 dated 29-11-2021
FCRA account: State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch.
M/s Shah Prashant and Associates. Chartered Accountants.